Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ferraris and Other Exotics at The Crescent Classic Rally

The Crescent Classic was really something else. It's so great to see exotic cars so near my own home. Just a short drive away on the always entertaining highway 62 (unless you're stuck behind somebody slow) and you're there, in beautiful Eureka Springs, Arkansas. 081 The beautiful Crescent Hotel. 086 This was the view that greeted us at the hotel. Ominous looking rain clouds. I was not able to stay all that long, because it did start raining fairly unpleasantly. 055 054 028 018 017 058

Click the read more link to see more pictures. Don't worry. I took lots.




032 033 035 036 076 Alfa Romeos are gorgeous. And this one is no exception. Such a beautiful car. 065 I like slant nose Porsches. 052 015 048 047 Believe it or not, but Ferrari 550s and 575s are my favorite Ferraris. I had an opportunity to briefly speak to the owner of the black 575. He said he had just bought the car a week ago, and because of the rally he has already put over a thousand miles on it. 051 This stood out a little bit. And while on that subject, I've never actually seen one of Jeep's Liberty models modified in this manner. I actually like this. 049 Austin-Healey. With roll cage. And racing harnesses. And stickers. And lots of lights. Sexy. 002 Don't worry, this thing came off the trailer and got driven around. It was just having a few "Italian car" issues. 004 Honestly I'm not even sure what this is. 250? 003 Twin F430 convertibles. A convertible Ferrari makes sense. Probably marvelous having nothing to block the glorious sound of a Ferrari V8. 008 And a silver one. 006 Whoa, this isn't the curvy line of a Ferrari. Quattoros rock. 009 Dinos have such a timeless classic shape to them. 010 Ferrari 348. On BBS wheels. Such coolness. 011 355 012 Challenge Stradale. Sexy. I had the pleasure of hearing one accelerate onto a highway on ramp. That sound will stick with me forever. 013 599. I don't like these as much as I like 575s. But you can't argue with the horsepower. 014 Another 355. This one has a tow hook. 016 Maseratis. One of them took off early. That's okay though, because we got to hear the best sounding V8 engine in the world. 019 021 Twin MP4-12C's. Wow. 027 360 Modena Spyder. 026 Ferrari 458's are basically the only good looking new Ferrari. I'm sure a model that changes my opinion will come around soon. 031 The FF may be quite ugly, but it is still quite cool. It's an AWD V12 shooting brake, how can that not be cool? 030 AMG hotness. 037 Big, boxy, classy, badass, and cool. All at the same time. How can you argue with a G-wagen? 042 If the C5 at the front was white, this would have been really cool. 044 043 Old school Vettes. Sex on wheels. 046 Possibly the best BMW ever made? Great choice of color for this 1M Coupé. This was driven by the brother of the owner of the black 575. 077 Not part of the rally, just a local driving through. 057 056 060 062 063 064 Apparently there were 4 GT40's at the rally. One of them drove past me on the way to Eureka Springs. Could the GT40 be called the greatest car ever made? Yes. Does it make me sad that being over six feet tall means I could never fit into one? Yes. 024 023 I saved the best car for last. This is THE Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina. "THE" as in the only one ever made. 4 million dollar custom car. What the hell was it doing mere inches away from me in Arkansas? I was a bit bewildered and in disbelief when I saw it, so I only took two pictures of it. Don't worry, I got loads more pictures of it two days later. I will be posting those pictures fairly soon. In the meantime I encourage everybody to read up on this amazing car on it's wikipedia article. I think it may be safe to say that I might never take pictures or see a car this special or amazing in Arkansas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_P4/5_by_Pininfarina


As I left Eureka Springs, the rain cleared away, and so did the Highway 62 traffic. I was able to drive fast enough to really enjoy the road. And to end the day, I happened to spot and take pictures of this beautiful view. 105

6 comments:

  1. A big thank you for your post.Really looking forward to read more. Really Great.
    Cars Parts & Accessories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina is simply stunning. Excellent Pics
    luxury car parts

    ReplyDelete
  3. LaFerrari has a 6262 cc V12 mounted engine which is considered to be the most potent naturally-aspirated engine ever used on a road Ferrari. It delivers 800 CV and turns to 9250 rpm securing unsurpassed driving experience and performance together with its unique Ferrari V12 sound.

    Best Regards
    hammer toyota mission hills | hamer toyota

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review, I am a major adherent to remarking on web journals to illuminate the online journal scholars realize that they've added something beneficial to the internet!.. how much does a ferrari cost

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your affect is totally appreciative and newsy. best wp themes

    ReplyDelete